EternalEmpire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best server just got better.

4 posters

[Read]Clans

Poll

Clan Tags

[ 4 ]
    [Read]Clans I_vote_lcap67%[Read]Clans I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [Read]Clans I_vote_lcap33%[Read]Clans I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [Read]Clans I_vote_lcap0%[Read]Clans I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [Read]Clans I_vote_lcap0%[Read]Clans I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Andrew
    Andrew

icon4 [Read]Clans

Post  Andrew Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Well I don't usually "suggest" stuff for my own server but I want a bit of feedback on this before I go too far into development.

Basic Idea: Create clans for people to join, these could be for many uses,
    Some examples
    1. Friends
    2. Skilling
    3. Trading
    4. Pking
    5. Minigames
    6. Just in general meeting new people.

In depth: This is where it gets long. Inb4 2LDR(/troll)

Creating a clan: Too start out there would be about 6 "basic" clans to join in and start out with.
    1. Skilling
    2. Pking
    3. Chat
    4. Trading
    5. Announcements

Too create an additional clan you must
    A) Have the idea approved for a "Freebie"
    or
    B) Pay a set fee to create a clan for yourself, this clan must still fall in the guide lines(No gender, race, or ethnic, requirement clans) After the clan is looked over it would be added into the game and you will be able to join.

How to distinguish clans: The main idea of a clan is to distinguish yourself and your clan mates from the rest of the general population, this would be achieved by give you a "clan tag"

A "clan tag" is a 3/5 Letter abbreviation for the clan, for example Pking, a default clan would have the tag of "PvP" this tag is displayed behind your name in the ::yell command.

Example. [Owner]Dr House[PvP]: This is an example.

The clan tag will be chosen by the maker of the clan and if a change is needed you will have to go through the process of getting it approved.

---BEYOND THIS POINT IS JUST IDEAS---

Clan Chatting: This is where I become a little skeptic of myself, I think I have the ability to create a "clan chat" which would be accessed by something along the lines of "/message" The "message" would be replaced by whatever you wish to say. This system might become easily abused(Suggestions on this part are welcome).

Clan Leaders: The clan leader would be the person to start the clan or who ever the person who did start the clan appoints to run the clan.

Clan leaders would have the ability to kick people from the clan that they felt didn't-or shouldn't be in the clan. If this ability was to be abused a Clan Manager(Read Further) would be able to appoint a new clan leader in the position of the old one.

Clan Managers: Like the already installed concept of Ingame moderators Clan Managers would have the ability to mute anyone from speaking within the game, unlike ingame moderators a person in this position would lose all of the other abilities that come with the position of moderator.

In exchange these specific players would be a moderator for the clan function of the game. These abilities would include removing players from a clan and changing the clan leader. With the approval from a Admin or Owner these players can also disassemble clans which do not follow the creation guide lines.

Finished
    Well guys, I typed this up at 1:30 in the morning so if you have any blatant issues or suggestions for things I missed(I expect there to be a lot of them) Please leave a comment, even if you think this idea is "perfect" please write a comment on how you would use the feature.

Disclaimer
    I don't expect this addition to go nearly as smoothly as it sounds, there will be flaws and there will be bugs, don't blame me for these problems, they'll be worked out as soon and orderly as possible.

Last edited by Andrew on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Poll)
    Riddle
    Riddle

icon4 Re: [Read]Clans

Post  Riddle Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Reminder ------ ::tempmute

--------------------------------------

alex
    Hasmat
    Admin

Post  Hasmat Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 am

very nice i support it 100% =]
    Andrew
    Andrew

Post  Andrew Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 am

More feedback/improvements please.

I really need some positive comments before I even start the beta stage of this.
    legendary
    legendary
    Mod
    Mod

Post  legendary Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:18 pm

clan chat would be good for clans even when in pvp :\

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:55 pm